She Writes Press (SWP), is holding a seven-day holiday sale on 18 of their titles (featured above) starting today, Friday, November 29th. This means that the e-book version of Tasting Home (along with 17 of its SWP litter-mates) is available for 99 cents between November 29th and December 6th.
Treat yourself or give these books as gifts to anyone with an email account. Your holiday shopping problems solved! The books are available across all e-book formats, such as Kindle and Nook. You just pick a title you like, look it up on, say, Amazon, and click on the Give As Gift Button. For under a buck you’ve got your e-book. No muss, no fuss, no shipping. For under 18 dollars you can have every book on this list.
I’ve read many of the books myself. (I’ll be downloading the rest with all of you.) There’s something for everyone here.
- My food memoir, Tasting Home, which is about our need for home, the many forms that home can take, and the role of food in having it, received a starred review in Publisher’s Weekly (meaning “outstanding in its genre) and won Bronze or Honorable Mention in contests by Independent Publishers, Readers’ Favorite, and the Hollywood and Southern California Book Festivals.
- Shanghai Love by Layne Wong is a love story about a Jewish refugee and a Chinese healer who find each other in the unlikely world of 1930s Shanghai. It also received a starred review in Publisher’s Weekly.
- Linda Joy Myer’s Journey of Memoir is a how-to for memoir writers full of practical and inspirational advice.
- Fire & Water is a haunting and beautifully written love story about the link between madness and genius.
- Anglophiles will enjoy Americashire, by Jennifer Richardson, a portrait of a marriage set in the Cotswolds
- Other titles have also garnered awards, and I look forward to reading them.
I hope you will all enjoy meeting some of my friends in this collection. Just go to Amazon or wherever you buy e-books and look up the titles. You’ll find each listed for 99 cents. And please forward this to any of your book-loving friends!
Happy reading. And Happy Holidays.